PURPOSE OF YOUR JOB POSITION
The primary purpose of your position is to direct the overall operation of the facility’s activitiesin accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations, and asdirected by the Vice President of Operations to assure that the highest degree of quality residentcare is maintained at all times.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Listed below is an outline of the duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform.As the ADMINISTRATOR you are delegated the authority, responsibility, and accountability tocarry out your assigned duties. Even though your job description is broad, every effort has beenmade to make this outline as complete as possible. HOWEVER, we must emphasize that you maybe required to perform other related duties and activities.
- Establish and direct the implementation of written policies and procedures that reflect the goals and objectives of the facility (Include personnel policies, resident care policies, procedure manuals, job descriptions, etc.)
- Assist in the development and implementation of departmental policies and procedures, and establish a rapport in and between departments so that each can see the importance of teamwork
- Assure that personnel, residents, visitors, and the general public follow established policies and procedures
- Interpret the facility’s policies and procedures to personnel, residents, family members, visitors, etc. as may become necessary
- Review policies and procedures periodically, at least annually, and make revisions as necessary to assure that compliance with current regulations is being continually maintained
- Ensure that residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to make complaints, are well established and maintained at all times
- Maintain an active public relations program that serves the best interest of the facility and community alike
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with the medical profession & other health-related facilities and organizations through formal working and transfer agreements
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive emphasis as well as a calm environment throughout the facility 2
- Recruit, select, and train competent department supervisors and other auxiliary personnel as appropriate.
- Meet with department supervisors on a regularly scheduled basis and conduct/participate in inservice training classes and supervisory level training programs
- Receive recommendations from department supervisors concerning the operation of their departments and other related areas, to assist in eliminating/correcting problem areas, and/or improving services
- Review and monitor competence of work force and make necessary adjustments/corrections as required or that may become necessary
- Review and interpret monthly financial statements, and provide such information to the Vice President of Operations
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of an adequate accounting system that reflects the operating cost of the facility
- Keep abreast of the economic condition/situation of the facility operations & make adjustments as necessary to assure the continued ability to provide quality resident care.
- Prepare an annual operating budget for approval by the Vice President of Operations and allocate the resources to carry out programs and activities of the facility
- Assure that adequate financial records and cost reports are submitted to authorized government agencies, as required
- Represent the facility at and participate in top level meetings
- Represent the facility in dealings with outside agencies, including governmental agencies and third party payors, or provide an authorized representative of the facility when unable to attend such meetings
- Delegate authority, responsibility, and accountability to other persons
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc. to keep abreast of current changes in the health care field, as well as to maintain a professional status
- Authorize the purchase of major equipment/supplies as authorized by the governing board
- Submit written and oral reports/recommendations from the facility’s committees; i.e. Utilization Review, Pharmaceutical, Infection Control, Quality Improvement, etc.
- Evaluate and implement recommendations from the facility’s committees; i.e. Utilization Review, Pharmaceutical, Infection Control, Quality Improvement, etc.
- Assure that the facility is maintained in a clean and safe manner for resident comfort and convenience by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform such duties/services 3
- Assist in the planning of purposeful inservice training classes and on-the-job training programs that will lead to better understanding of resident needs
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished
- Maintain an adequate liaison with families and residents
- Other related duties and responsibilities that may become necessary or as directed by the Vice President of Operations
- Works in well-lighted/ventilated office areas
- Sitting/moving frequently during working hours
- Subject to frequent interruptions
- Involved with residents, family members, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions/circumstances
- Subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, etc
- Willingness to work beyond normal working hours when necessary
- Involved in community/civic health matters/projects
- Attend and participate in continuing educational programs
- This facility will make reasonable accommodations that will permit an employee to perform the essential functions of his or her position.
Premier Rehabilitation and Nursing Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Premier Rehabilitation and Nursing Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Premier Rehabilitation and Nursing Center expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Premier Rehabilitation and Nursing Center’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.